Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Lucky Seven


I was tagged by my fabulous CP, Ryann Kerekes, for "The Lucky Seven."

Here's how it works:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

My challenge will be to tag 7 authors. Any volunteers?



She took in a deep breath, the small jolt of fear releasing. “Oh, good.” She stepped into his arms, accepting his hug.
There was less hesitation from him than earlier. He pulled her into him, circling both arms around her. The comfort was instant—she felt so safe with him, even with her mom’s voice continuing on from the sitting room, blabbing on about something or other in her most pathetic woe-is-me voice.
“Why is my mom on TV?”
“She’s on the news. You’ve been reported missing.”
He let her go and reached up to rub his eyes. She caught a glimpse of light emitting from his irises just before his lids shut, but it was yellow instead of blue.
“I didn’t know your eyes could have yellow fire in them.”
He frowned at her. His eyes were totally normal again; the fire in his irises was gone. “They’re never yellow.” He lit his eyes up again for a split second to prove his point. They were their usual hellfire blue.

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh! That sucked me right in! Seven lines was NOT enough! When will you have more for me to read, lovely, CP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I can get settled into editing and have time to finish the first draft! LOL

    ReplyDelete