Sunday, April 3, 2011

All in the Name of Writing Research... Really

In my paranormal romance, Nepenthe, Kate watches from above as her fiance drops to his death. So in order to put myself in her shoes, I went and watched other people do just that. Except for the death part.
In Whistler B.C. you can go bungee jumping with the option of having the rope attached to your front. This way you can watch the bridge you jumped off get smaller and smaller. It also allows the spectators on the bridge to watch the look of "why-in-the-hell-did-I-pay-to-do-this" as you plummet. It's amazing how well you can see people's faces all the way to the bottom.
And to honour the old adage of "what would you do if your friend jumped off a bridge?" yes, I did it too. This video is of me giving myself hearing damage with my own screaming. It was all in the name of research, honest!

1 comment:

  1. I SO want to watch your video, but can't get it to play! Darn - I'll have to try from my PC at home... :)

    ReplyDelete